In collaboration with Woven Festival, we are inviting neighbourhood groups to take part in a Book Trail as part of this year’s Festival.
Using eco-friendly and recycled materials, such as old clothes/fabrics, your group members would create a scene or character(s) from a favourite book to display in their gardens or windows, to create a local trail. These should go up from Sunday 28 March (the last day of the Festival) to Monday 5 April (Easter Monday).
You can promote your trail to your local area and we will support you by listing all of the trails on our website and posting details on social media. We will also send out an A4 poster, which must be printed out and displayed next to all entries in order for them to be admitted into the trail.
Each area will select a winner, chosen by their local community group, to win a £20 book voucher. A photograph of your winning entry should be sent to us by Tuesday 6 April with the winner’s contact details. The Festival team will then choose an overall winner from all of the trail pictures sent in, to receive a luxury hamper packed with a mix of literary and food items.
If your group would like to take part, or for further information, please contact: Rebecca@huddlitfest.org.uk
Groups taking part in the HLF/Woven Book Trail
- Fixby/Cowcliffe News & Info (Contact Chris: email@example.com; 07865 579 805)
- Netherton Village (Contact info to come)
- Kirkheaton Matters (Contact info to come)
- Almondbury Information (Contact Vanessa: Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org; 07482 666 615)
- What’s Happening in Honley (Contact June: email@example.com)
- Newsome Ward Community Forum (Contact Julie: Julie@dtbs.net; 07753 676 679)
Watch this space as we add other groups.
Each household taking part in the Book Trail must display this poster next to their installation or in a nearby window so that it’s visible from the street. Click here to download the poster and then print it in colour for display.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- All entries must be part of a local trail organised by a local group with an HD postcode
- Entries must be on display from Sunday 28 March to Monday 5 April 2021
- All entries must prominently display the Book Trail poster provided by the Festival next to the display
- Entries must be displayed in windows or gardens that can be viewed from the pavement/road – entries must not be in a place that requires people outside the household to break Covid-19 restrictions to view them; entries must also not be displayed on public land (eg. pavements, verges, local parks etc).
- Each local winner will be chosen by the person/team running their group and their local trail
- The group leader(s) must send details (name, contact details, photograph of entry) to: Rebecca@huddlitfest.org.uk by Wednesday 7 April
- Each area winner will receive a £20 gift voucher from Read bookshop (Holmfirth) and will be put forward to be the overall winner and receive a literary/foodie hamper.
- The Overall winner will be chosen by the Festival Steering Committee
- The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- There will be no cash alternatives to the prizes
- The competition is not open to Huddersfield Literature Festival committee members or their families.