To take part in our prize draw, you will need to make a donation to the Festival’s Local Giving page by 31 January 2021. Simply click below to donate:
There is no minimum or maximum donation you can make, and your donation will be doubled through the ‘Match It’ funding programme run by the local One Community Foundation, with all proceeds going towards Festival events. Anyone who has already donated between 1 November 2020 and 31 Jan 2021 will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
Winners will be selected by Festival Committee members and prizes will be allocated at random.
- A framed poster of Sir Patrick Stewart in The Tempest, signed by Sir Patrick
- A bundle of murder, mystery and suspense books from authors including Frances Brody, Simon Beckett and Ali Knight
- A bundle of health and wellbeing books including journalist Lucy Mangan’s ‘Bedtime Stories for Stressed Out Adults’ and Cheryl Rickman’s ‘The Happiness Bible’
- A bundle of theatre and autobiography books including from former theatre critic Michael Billington and former Secretary of State Alan Johnson
- A bundle of heartwarming and romance books, including by Strictly Come Dancing professional Anton Du Beke and Alexander McCall Smith (signed edition)
- A bundle of books on contemporary issues from authors including paramedic Jake Jones and author of Hostile Environment, Maya Goodfellow
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- In order to be entered into the prize draw entrants must make a donation to Huddersfield Literature Festival via the Festival’s Local Giving fundraising page (donations will be doubled by the One Community Match It funding initiative).
- In order to qualify donations must be made by midnight on Sunday 31 January 2021 to https://localgiving.org/donation/HLF
- Winners will be notified by Friday 12 February 2021 via a Local Giving message; they should then contact the Festival email provided to arrange delivery of their prize. Prizes will be delivered as soon as practical and before Friday 2 April 2021.
- Anyone who has donated to the Huddersfield Literature Festival Local Giving page between 1 November 2020 and 31 January 2021 prior to the announcement of this competition will also be included in the prize draw.
- Prizes will be allocated at the discretion of the Huddersfield Literature Festival Steering Committee
- The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- There will be no cash alternatives to the prizes
- The competition is not open to Huddersfield Literature Festival committee members or their families.