In this session you will immerse yourself in the beautiful woodlands of Eden Forest in Honley to find the secret stories hidden amongst the trees and ignite your imagination.
The session will run as follows:
11am Welcome, hot drink around the fire, intention setting and warm up exercise.
11.30am A quick tour of the paths and then explore the woods at your leisure – find the hidden treasures, take photos of characters in the trunks, create leaf art, listen to the birds, or imagine hidden fairy doors – what are your senses showing you? Let your imagination run riot.
12 noon Gather around the fire to write, with additional prompts to help grow your idea.
12.45pm Lunch: choose the toppings for your own wood fired pizza (included in ticket price)
1.20pm How could you add a twist to your tale?
1.30pm Sharing work: read aloud a section of your story, if you feel comfortable to do so.
2pm Feedback: what is one thing you will take from today to help you write more?
Please bring a notebook and pens with you.
If you have any dietary requirements e.g. gluten free, please contact our Admin Jo at: [email protected] in advance of the day.
NOTE: Please read the directions below and leave plenty of time to reach the site. Sturdy outdoor footwear and clothes suitable for the weather on the day are strongly advised.
Juliet Thomas is an ICF-trained coach and the founder of The Curious Creative Club, a multi-passionate creative business that enables people to unlock their creative potential through coaching, mentorship, creative workshops, retreat events, blog content and motivating resources.
As a passionate creative practitioner herself, she is endlessly curious to explore her ideas as a writer, artist and is a keen nature photographer; loving nothing more than capturing nature’s treasures whilst out on walks with her dog, Barley.
She understands first-hand how living creatively delivers powerful benefits to wellbeing, bringing more joy and calm into people’s lives. Juliet’s mission is to help people to discover their own passion and purpose, so that they can live a more enriched and fulfilling life too.
Directions to Eden Forest
The nearest postcode for the site is HD9 6QR and 80 Hall Ing Lane is opposite the woodland access track, NOT adjacent.
- Gynn Lane is opposite Safari Sams. Drive up, under the viaduct, and, as it climbs, it changes into Hall Ing Lane.
- Travel up past a new stone wall and 150 yards later there is a yellow ‘Burglars Beware’ sign, on a lamppost. We recommend you park on the road, below this sign.
- It’s only a short five-minute walk down a woodland track to the site, which has a composting toilet.
- Alternatively, limited parking is available for just 10 cars, turn immediately left down the single woodland track and make your way to the small car park. Note: this track can get muddy and harder to access by car after wet weather.
- Please consider using public transport, nearest station is Honley. Come out of the station, turn left, and walk down the unadopted road/track. At the end turn left and walk under the viaduct and follow directions as for drivers.
If you use What3Words///:
Track Entrance ///gain.zest.shins
Woodland Carpark ///begin.lunch.holds
For further information about access, facilities and directions on the day, contact Eden Forest: [email protected]; 07734 898650
Date: Friday 26 April
Venue: Eden Forest, Hall Ing Lane, Honley HD9 6QR
Age guidance: 16+
Access information: contact Eden Forest: [email protected]