Showing all 6 results
A Donation to the Festival
Following the cancellation of this year’s Festival, we have been asked by some ticket holders whether they can donate the cost of their refunded tickets or about general donations to the Festival.
While this is completely voluntary, we would appreciate any help you can give in these challenging times and we will use this money towards running some online events during the Festival period, which will help some of the authors whose events have been cancelled.
(Meanwhile, please bear with us while we process refunds.)
Please select a donation amount from the button below.
Creative Voices free workshops
A course of 12 free workshops for anyone who has experienced mental health/wellbeing challenges during the Covid-19 outbreak.
The course comprises:
- 10 x weekly one-hour online creative writing workshops (Oct-Dec) delivered by a number of workshop tutors
- 1 x online music workshop delivered by musician Rachel Ireland to transform work into a piece to be performed by a local choir (January 2021)
- 1 x Spoken Word Performance workshop delivered by Michelle Scally Clarke (late Feb or early March, in person, Covid restrictions permitting)
Plus the additional option of either performing or seeing your work performed as a spoken word piece or sung by the Holmfirth Soul Choir (or another local choir) at a special Festival event at the end of March (date tbc).
There are four workshop groups to choose from – simply select your preference from the drop-down menu when you book:
Group 1: Tuesdays 11am-12 noon (start date: Tuesday 6 October for 10 weeks)
Group 2: Tuesdays 1pm-2pm (start date: Tuesday 6 October for 10 weeks)
Group 3: Thursdays 1pm-2pm (start date: Thursday 8 October for 10 weeks)
Group 4: Thursdays 7pm-8pm (start date: Thursday 8 October for 10 weeks)
Please ensure that you are able to attend at least 8 of the 10 autumn workshops before booking.
How to become a Friend of HLF
Becoming a Friend of Huddersfield Literature Festival is a great way to help support the Festival as we grow and develop.
To show how much we appreciate our Friends, we have put together a package of benefits.
Friends of the Festival enjoy:
- Friend of the Festival membership badge and certificate
- An emailed link to download the brochure before it goes public
- A copy of the brochure posted first class (on request)
- Invitation to meet the author or performer at an event of your choosing
Your subscription will run for a year from purchase and is priced at £35.