Ted Hughes’ The Iron Man drawing/painting competition for under 11s
We are holding a drawing competition for Under 11s based on Ted Hughes’ book The Iron Man, as next year we will be celebrating 50 years since publication in 1968.
The winner’s drawing or painting will feature in 25,000 brochures printed for the 2018 Festival, to illustrate our forthcoming children’s Iron Man Sculpture Workshop; and runners up drawings will appear on our website.
We will announce the winner and runners up at our Preview event for HLF2018, which will take place at Huddersfield Library on Wednesday 22 November.
Please see poster for details and beneath for full T&Cs.
The Iron Man Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be original work by children aged 11 or under on 15 November 2017.
- The closing date for entries is 15 November 2017.
- Each entrant may submit only one drawing or painting.
- Entries must be inspired by Ted Hughes’ book The Iron Man – not to be confused with Marvel Comics’ Iron Man.
- If submitted by post, entries must be on A4 paper or light card.
- The entrants name and address should be included either in the email with image attachment or on the back of the image or on a separate sheet if submitted by post.
- Winners will be notified by Monday 20 November 2017, and will be invited to attend our HLF2018 Preview event on Wednesday 22 November 2017, 6pm-7.30pm at Huddersfield Library.
- The judges will be members of the HLF committee and their decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- Entries can be made by email at IronManHLF@gmail.com or by post: Iron Man Competition, c/o Kirstie Wilson, Huddersfield Library, Princess Alexandra Walk, Huddersfield HD1 2SU OR address it as above and drop it off in person at any Kirklees Library.
- Creators of the winning picture and runners up pictures will grant the Festival permission to reproduce their image as required as part of the competition and the Huddersfield Literature Festival, in print and/or onlline.